First time buyers, whether renting or living with their parents, are often an attractive type of home buyer for sellers as they are chain-free. The process of selling your home should therefore be quicker. If you have a property for sale in Sheffield, here’s how you can make it more attractive to first time buyers.
Do your window frames have cracking paint? Is the double glazing intact?
Research has illustrated that the average value of a home increases by up to 10% when new double glazed windows are installed. Buyers will be more likely to buy a home with newer windows, as they won’t need to replace them themselves.
The most installed window in Britain is the UPVC casement window because they are affordable, easy to maintain, energy efficient and look good installed into any style home. If you have old wooden windows, single glazed windows, or double glazed windows over 10-15 years old, it might be worth considering replacing them if you’re planning on putting your property up for sale. This investment could see your house sell much quicker and potentially for a better price.
What makes double glazed uPVC windows attractive to first time buyers?
- They are a cost-effective way to improve a home’s energy efficiency
- They provide aesthetic appeal thanks to plenty of colour choices and woodgrain effects
- They are the most popular window for UK homeowners, and are the window of choice for a variety of home improvement projects
- Fitted with an advanced multi-point locking system for a high level of security
Are your doors secure?
Not only is your front door the first thing potential buyers are met with at your home, but it’s also the main entrance to your home, so it is imperative it is as a secure as possible. If you have an older door that has seen better days, this could be off putting to first time buyers, and you may find it hard to sell.
By investing in a new front door, you’ll likely sell your home faster and for a better price. In terms of what door to choose, we recommend a composite door. Composite doors are great value for money and there is no way that the addition of a new composite front door will not enhance the value of your property. They are excellent quality, durable, and known for their enhanced security features. They are also extremely low maintenance and easy to look after, making them a reliable and hassle free benefit for first time buyers.
Other things to think about before putting your property up for sale in Sheffield:
- Is your plumbing in good condition?
- Has your boiler been serviced recently?
- Give your garden a tidy
- Is there any damp? If so, make sure this is addressed before selling.
- First impressions are everything – make sure your home is newly decorated (if appropriate), fresh-smelling, light and airy, and generally appealing.
Got a property for sale in Sheffield? Let Global help you sell it!
If you are thinking of upgrading your home in Sheffield in preparation for selling, why not get in touch with the Global team for a free no-obligation quote that is as bespoke as the job itself. We offer various home improvements, so no matter what your ideas may be, let us make them a reality.